Amac Sports Personal Trainer course
Amacsports is a leading training provider for fitness professionals. You will find an exciting and supportive learning environment, which encourages people to develop to their full potential and achieve their aims.
Your career as a qualified personal trainer
Personal training is an exciting, challenging and responsible career. Whether you work freelance or through a health club, you will need to be flexible, possess in-depth knowledge and have excellent communication skills. A personal trainer will assess a client's levels, carry out health checks, perform life style analysis and discuss needs and desires. You will then design a personalised programme and motivate them as they progress.
Amacsports Personal Trainer course structure
This new award has been updated in line with the new occupational standards for the industry. We are very excited by these changes, as we feel that it brings enhanced qualifications and skills to our students.
Amacsports Personal Trainer course units
The Amacsports personal trainer course comprises of five separate courses which allows you the flexibility to study at a time that suits you. All courses can be certified by Central YMCA Qualifications individually for those who do not wish to embark on the full personal trainer award.
- Advanced Fitness Instructor
- Nutrition & Weight Management
- Lifestyle & Fitness Assessment
- Training Environments
- Business & Marketing
Each of these 5 courses include units that will develop your skills and allow you to qualify as a personal trainer. Below is a breakdown of each course and the elements include.
1. Advanced Fitness Instructor
This course includes a home study pack for the advanced anatomy and physiology which will also be covered face-to-face.
- Advanced anatomy and physiology
- Advanced kinesiology
- Exercise psychology and behaviour change
- Effects of exercise and adaptations to the body
- Using different weight training systems
- Advanced exercise prescription
- Progressive programming and periodisation
- Advanced aerobic and anaerobic training methods
- Core stability training
- Power training
- Flexibility training
- Advanced teaching skills
- Motor skills training
2. Nutrition & Weight Management
You will learn to implement realistic exercise and nutrition plans taking into account your personal training client's needs.
- The nutritional basis of healthy eating
- The relationship between exercise and energy balance
- Eating disorders
- The physiology and psychology of dieting
- Interpreting food labels
- The digestive system
3. Lifestyle & Fitness Assessment
To enable your personal training clients to achieve their full potential, you need to fully assess their health and fitness levels. Personal trainers also need to develop strong interpersonal skills to gather information, set goals and design individualised programmes.
- Health and stress screening
- Interviewing skills
- Counseling skills
- Goal setting
- Exercise prescription
- Informed consent
- Health and fitness testing
- Stress management techniques
4. Training Environments
This course aims to provide personal trainers with the knowledge and skills to design exercise programmes away from the gym; for example, at a client's home, workplace or outside using a variety of small portable equipment and walking.
- Health and safety
- Using limited space
- Using bodyweight exercises
- Using hand weights, resistance bands, focus pads, medicine balls, stability balls, skipping rope and steps
- Writing programmes
- Training outdoors
5. Business and Marketing
This course aims to give you the knowledge and skills to prepare a business plan and marketing strategy for a personal training business.
- Researching your business idea
- Setting up your business
- Introduction to marketing
- Managing marketing
- Situation analysis
- Consumer behaviour
- Defining your business
Call us on 01227 831 840
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &