Decline dumbbell bench press
COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
- Pectorals (Lower chest)
- Deltoids 9front)
Perfoming decline dumbbell bench press
- Hold two dumbbells with arms extended above you while lying on an decline bench, with your legs slightly parted and your feet underneath the pads.
- Hold the dumbbells about shoulder-width apart with palms facing away from your face.
- Your back should be straight and firm against the bench and your elbows should be unlocked.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells straight down to the sides of your chest with palms still facing away from your face. Your elbows should be pointing to the ground.
- Raise (push) the weights to the starting position while flexing your chest.
- Don't arch your back or bang the weights together
- Don't just let the weights drop to the side of your chest. Resist the weights downward force by lowering the dumbbells slowly.
Alternative exercises to the decline dumbell bench press
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &