COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
- Pectorals - Lower chest
- Deltoids - Front
Performing decline flyes
- Lie on your back on a decline bench with your legs parted and feet underneath the foot pads.
- Hold two dumbbells above you, palms facing each other with your arms extended and slightly bent.
- The dumbbells should be nearly touching each other above your chest.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells out and away from each other in a semicircular motion, until they are at chest level. Keep your elbows bent and wrists locked straight.
- Raise back up to the starting position, keeping elbows bent and back straight.
- Don't let your hands turn away from facing each other.
- Don't let your elbows become straight or bend greater than a 45 degree angle.
- Don't let the weights just drop down. Resist the downward force by lowering the dumbbells in a slow, controlled manner.
Alternative exercises to decline flyes
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &