COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
Performing good mornings
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart, holding a barbell (very light) across the back of your shoulder and neck. Your hands should be a little wider apart than your shoulders, palms facing away.
- Keep your upper body upright, shoulders back, chest out, and lower back straight with a slight forward arch.
- Keeping your back straight, and head up, slowly bend over at the waist until your back is parallel to the floor.
- Your legs should be slightly bent at the knees at all times.
- Raise to the starting position in a slow, controlled manner.
- Don't go down farther than being parallel to the floor.
- Don't choose a weight that is too heavy. This is an advanced exercise and using too much weight could result in injury.
Alternative exercises to good mornings
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &