Lying tricep extensions (Barbell)
COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
Performing lying tricep extensions (aka Skull crushers)
- Lie on your back on a bench, holding a barbell above your face with a narrow grip, hands 6-8 inches apart, with palms facing up.
- Your feet should be together on the bench and legs slightly apart.
- Keeping your upper arms straight (from shoulders to elbows) and your elbows at a "fixed-point", slowly lower the weight down until it barely reaches your forehead.
- Raise the weight to the starting position, keeping your upper arms and elbows in the same position.
- Don't sway your arms through the motion. Concentrate on only using your triceps.
- Don't let your elbows wander outward from your body.
- Don't cut the movement short. Be sure to raise the barbell until your arms are fully extended and lower it until it barely touches your forehead.
Alternative exercises to lying tricep extensions (Barbell)
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &