Machine preacher curls
Major muscles used
Performing machine preacher curls
- Sit at a preacher bench machine and hold the bar in both hands, with your arms over the bench platform.
- Your hands should be palms up, holding the bar about shoulder-width apart.
- Your feet should be firmly on the ground, your upper body upright and your eyes forward.
- Raise the bar upward toward your chin. Your elbows should stay in the same position, and your wrist should be locked.
- Lower the bar to the starting position in a slow, controlled manner.
- Don't let the weight just drop down. Let the weight down slowly in a controlled manner.
- Don't lift your elbows off the pad when lifting the weight.
Alternative exercises to machine preacher curls
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &