COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
Performing reverse curls
- Stand with back straight, knees unlocked, and feet hip-width apart and grip a barbell with an overhand grip (palms facing down), with hands placed just outside of your hips.
- Your arms should be extended straight down and the barbell should be leaning on your upper thighs.
- Keeping your elbows close to your body, use your biceps to curl the bar up to your chest.
- Hold for a brief second flexing your biceps and forearms.
- Lower the barbell to the starting position in a slow, controlled manner.
- Keep your wrists straight and elbows at your side throughout the curl.
- Don't sway your back or rock your body in an attempt to complete the lift.
- Don't let your elbows leave your sides.
- Don't just let the barbell drop when lowering it. Let the barbell down slowly resisting the weight of the barbell.
Alternative exercises to reverse curls
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &