Wide grip seated rowing
COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
- Latisimus Dorsi
- Upper back
Performing wide grip seated rowing
- Sit in front of the seated row machine holding the bar about 25-30 inches apart with palms either facing each other or down (depending on type of bar available).
- Place your feet on the metal foot rest bar, with you knees slightly bent.
- Keeping your back straight, extend your arms for a full back stretch.
- Pull the handles toward your lower chest.
- Keep your torso upright, and elbows pointing behind you while squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Return to the starting position in a slow, controlled manner.
- When pulling bar to your chest, your body should remain in an upright position. Don't lean backward.
- Don't let the weights pull you forward to the starting position. Instead, control the weights and slowly return to starting position while getting a full stretch.
Alternative exercises to the wide grip seated row
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &