The Fitness Industry Education Level 2 Certificate in Teaching Physical Activity to Children Aged 5 - 11 Years training course provides students with the knowledge and skills required to design safe and effective activity sessions for children between the ages of 5 to 11. It will also provide students with knowledge of the 14 Standards for Day Care and how they impact on your role as an instructor of health related exercise for children.
Recognised by OFSTED
The Fitness Industry Education Level 2 Certificate in Teaching Physical Activity to Children Aged 5 - 11 Years qualification has been recognised by OFSTED as a suitable induction for individuals working with children in the Active Leisure Sector.
On the Fitness Industry Education children's fitness course students will learn:
- How to plan, teach and evaluate a safe and effective physical activity session for children
- How to adapt exercise for a child with specific needs and requirements
- The generic induction standard for people working with children in an active leisure setting
Children's fitness course assessment
Students will submit a portfolio of evidence which contains the following:
- Screening documentation for participating children
- Session Plan designed for children aged 5 to 11 years
- Risk assessment for the planned session
Students will then be shoot a video of your planned sessions to a group of children. Following the assessment students will carryout a written evaluation of their performance and create an action plan for their continued professional development. This will be submitted by video.
There is also a multiple choice theory paper which is externally set and assessed by Active IQ.
It is recommended all students undergo a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check BEFORE enroling onto the Fitness Industry Education children's fitness training course. To gain employment, you will have to have your CRB check completed.
Call us on 0845 257 8570