COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
Performing concentration curls
- With a dumbbell in your right hand, palm facing away from body, sit on a flat exercise bench with your feet about shoulder-width apart, knees bent.
- Bend forward and extend your right arm between your legs so that your elbow and upper arm are braced against the inside of your thigh.
- You should be leaning slightly into the right side knee. Rest your other hand on your other thigh/knee, or hold your right elbow in place.
- Without bending your wrist, slowly curl (raise) the dumbbell up toward your shoulder, bracing your elbow against your thigh and leaning on your other hand for support.
- Hold for a brief second flexing your biceps.
- Return to the starting position in a slow, controlled manner.
- Switch arm positions and repeat.
- Don't jerk the weight up. And don't let the weight just drop. Always use slow, controlled form.
- Don't lift your elbow away from your leg - this will simple mean your are cheating with a heavier weight.
Alternative exercises to concentration curls
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &