COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscle used
- Pectorals - Inner and outer chest
- Deltoids - Front
Performing cable flyes
- Place a flat or incline bench between two low pulleys and attach a single handle to each pulley cable.
- Grasp both handles with palms facing up.
- Lay flat on the bench with your elbows bent at about chest height.
- Keeping your elbows bent, raise your hands in a semicircular motion above the middle of your chest until they touch.
- Hold for a brief second while flexing (squeezing) your chest.
- Keeping your elbows bent at same 45 degree angle, slowly lower your hands to the starting position.
- Don't let your elbows become straight or bent more than a 45 degree angle any time during the exercise.
- Don't lower your hands farther than chest height.
- Don't just let your hands drop when lowering the weights. Resist the force of the weights by lowering your hands in a slow, controlled manner.
Alternative exercises to cable flyes
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &