Health club and gym etiquette
For some of us a health club or gym is a daunting place to visit. Full of superfit bodies with unusual habits, smells and behaviour. This guide to health club etiquette is aimed to be fun - but some lessons may be learnt.
The do's and don'ts of health club etiquette
Try to follow these tips for your own gym safety and comfort.
- Replace weights back after use.
- Wipe off your sweat from a machine after use.
- When in doubt ask for assistance from a fitness instructor.
- Wear training shoes.
- Wear appropriate kit.
- Always wear a clean fresh kit!
- Take a shower after training.
- Talk to other members. They won't bite.
- Use some else's weights / machine etc without asking first.
- Wear smelly trainers!
- Wear lycra if your male.
- Ignore signs displayed in health clubs.
- Use your mobile phone in the gym.
- Hog a particular machine for too long (over 20 minutes).
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &