Exercise to Music with Lifetime Health & Fitness
The Exercise to Music award provided by Lifetime Health and Fitness will qualify the individual to become an aerobics / group exercise instructor.
The Exercise to Music training course is workshop based, enabling students to gain the confidence and practical skills to plan and teach an exercise to music (aerobics) class. The training course also covers the theoretical knowledge to be able to advise people on exercise programmes within the studio environment as a fully qualified aerobics instructor.
The average completion time for the Exercise to Music award is 6-8 weeks.
Exercise to Music course structure
The Exercise to Music training course and award comprises of two key programmes of study:
- Exercise and Fitness Knowledge (Level 2)
- Exercise to Music
Below we touch upon these programmes in some depth, allowing you to differeniate the Lifetime Health and Fitness Exercise to Music course from other run by other fitness training providers.
Exercise and Fitness Knowledge (Level 2)
The Exercise and Fitness Knowledge programme allows students to become familiar and confident in all major aspects of fitness and exercise via distance learning prior to the main meat of the course, which is of course the Exercise to Music programme of study. The course units include:
- Concepts of fitness
- Bones and joints
- The muscles
- Energy systems
- Cardiorespiratory systems
Exercise to Music
The Exercise to Music programme of study delivered by Lifetime Health and Fitness includes:
Use of music
- Training in how to understand song structure, beats, phrases and how to use them in an exercise to music context to deliver an upbeat dynamic group exercise or aerobic exercise class
Essential teaching skills
- Training in communication, exercise teaching and correction and client motivation - all key Exercise to Music programme components.
- Learn the basic Exercise to Music (ETM) moves and how to develop progression in these moves to ensure your class is fun, exciting and effective for health club members and your clients.
Preparing people for exercise
- Developing skills in how to warm up a class prior to exercise.
Class design and structure
- Learn how to design a programme of exercise using music so that your group exercise class is both challenged and rewarding by creating an effective routine.
Muscular strength and endurance training
- An essential part of the Exercise to Music workout - develop a group exercise class that works all major muscles of the body as well as key core muscles like the lower back aabdominals
- Learn how an Exercise to Music group exercise class can effectively engage your class participants in an effective exercise routine which exercises their heart and lungs, allowing them to improve their fitness levels.
Relaxation and stretching
- Understand basic flexibility and relaxation methods and how to apply them to the Exercise to Music class structure.
Health and safety
- The importance of health screening before exercise participation.
Exercise to Music assessment
Exercise to Music students will be expected to produce a single detailed written plan for a safe and effective Exercise to Music group exercise session of 45 minutes in duration and present this class in front of an assessor.
Exams are scheduled approximately 3 weeks after the Exercise to Music training course and students are required to bring along 2 friends on the day of their teaching examination in order to demonstrate the skills learnt on the course.
Contact Lifetime Health & Fitness
Call Lifetime Health & Fitness on 0870 702 7273
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &