Curves is the largest fitness franchise in the world and the first to offer a 30-minute exercise program designed exclusively for women. Curves is a business where earnings are measured by your service to others. If you are passionate about helping women, and willing to work hard while having fun, then owning a Curves franchise may be right for you.
Curves International: A proven business model
Gary Heavin and his wife Diane opened the first Curves in the United States in 1992. This new concept of 30-minute fitness, strength training, weight loss guidance and a comfortable environment designed for women, was immediately successful. Gary recognized a need and an opportunity to help prevent deteriorating health and potential illness by caring for people through proper fitness. Diane had a passion for exercise and the experience of an advertising executive. They realized that women across the world would benefit from the Curves program. Together they began to franchise this wonderful concept and opened the first franchise in 1995.
At the end of the first year, there were 50 franchise locations. Curves reached 1,000 locations within 36 months and nearly 10,000 locations in just 10 years. Curves is listed in Guinness World Records as "The World's Largest Fitness Center Franchise." Entrepreneur Magazine named Curves "The Number 1 Best New Franchise" two years in a row and "The Number 1 Fitness Franchise" for the past six years. Curves is now located in 55 countries on 6 continents.
The 30 minute workout
The Curves workout is a complete workout including all five necessary components: Warm-up, Aerobic exercise, Strength training, Cool down, and Stretching
- Curves uses hydraulic resistance.
- There are no weight stacks to manage or change.
- Safe, accommodating resistance keeps you moving smoothly and safely around the circuit.
- You push, then pull, rather than lift and lower weights. This reduces the potential for soreness and injury.
- A safe, load-bearing activity helps to maintain bone density and fight osteoporosis.
- Strengthening muscles provides joint stability and is a crucial part of arthritis treatment.
- Curves offers strength training that women can do.
Any age can use the equipment because it adjusts to your ability. Curves has members as young as 12 and as old as 105!
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &