Job and career checklist
Want to apply to become a personal trainer, fitness instructor, health club manager or any other job and career within the UK health, fitness, sports and leisure industry? This checklist will help you prepare for the job interview. SImply read these notes and make sure you have an answer for each. Once you have you're all set to get your perfect job.
- Know where you want to be in ten years time?
- Understand exactly what the role you are applying for entails?
- Have a CV that demonstrates you have all the skills and training required for the role within the first half of an A4 sheet of paper?
- Include a covering letter that overcomes any objections the recruiter may perceive from your CV?
- Feel confident that you have researched the role and the company enough to impress someone who already works there?
- Where the interview is taking place and how long it will take to get there?
- Know the format of the interview and who will be attending, e.g. will there be tests; how many people will be present; will there be more than one interview?
- Have some relevant questions lined up to ask the interviewer?
- Are you happy and familiar with your CV and reasons for changing job?
- Why do you want the job?
- What has the company got to offer you?
- What can you offer the company?
- What are your weakest points and how can you sell them to an employer?
- What examples of achievements in your work and private life best demonstrate your suitability to the role?
- Why will you stand out from the other applicants?
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &