Discovery Learning GP & Exercise Referral course
The Discovery GP and Exercise Referral training course offers a high level qualification provides the key skills and knowledge that will establish you as an expert in your field and an Exercise Referral Trainer of the highest calibre.
Who should enrol onto the GP and Exercise Referral course?
This Qualification is particularly aimed at Advanced Instructors and personal trainers seeking to work with special populations in both preventative and rehabilitative exercise therapies.
Exercise referral also known as GP referral courses are also for those currently working as an instructor and wishing to enhance their qualifications. This stimulating programme will challenge you and widen your knowledge and understanding of the health promoting benefits of physical activity. Focusing on the signs, symptoms and basic pathology of specific stable conditions; the implications and effects of specific medications relating to those conditions; How to plan, deliver, manage and evaluate a safe, effective and progressive adapted physical activity programme, personalized to individual client's needs and lifestyle.
GP and Exercise Referral course content
During the GP and Exercise Referral training course you will learn:
- The Exercise Referral Scheme
- The role of the Department of Health and National Health Service
- How to promote physical activity and health
- Behaviour Change and Management, Health
- Lifestyle screening
- Fitness Testing
- How to plan, deliver and evaluate an exercise prescription
- How to rehabilitate people with conditions such as; Orthopaedic diseases arthritis and osteoporosis
- Cardiovascular diseases such as Hypertension and Coronary Heart Disease
- Metabolic diseases such as Diabetes
- Pulmonary diseases such as Asthma
- Raised cholesterol and obesity, and many other common conditions.
The GP and Exercise Referral course includes:
- CYQ registrations
- All Tutorials and unlimited online and tel support
- All course Training manuals and worksheets
- CYQ assessment fees
- Certification (on successful completion of criteria)
- 20 CPD credits on REP's
Course entry requirements
- Level 2 fitness qualification (Gym, Aqua or Exercise to Music etc)
- A Level 3 Certificate in Advanced Fitness Instructing, or A Level 3 Exercise & Fitness Knowledge or other relevant/similar qualification recognised by the National Qualifications Framework) - to check go to www.qca.org.uk 'openQUALS')
- 1-2 years part-time (or 6 months full-time) industry experience (preferably within an Exercise Referral scheme)
- A current CPR/HSE approved First Aid Certificate in order to gain certification.
- Minimum age 18
- Course Format: 8 weeks home-study followed by:2 days practical attendance workshop 1 day assessment
Worksheet (assessed using marking criteria set by CYQ), Case study/progressive programme supported by a viva Theory paper (set and marked by CYQ)
GP Referral certification & qualifications:
Level 3 Certificate in Exercise Referral for Clients with Specific Controlled Conditions.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &