Incline bicep curls
COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
Performing incline bicep curls
- Lie on an incline exercise bench with a dumbbell in each hand, palms held upwards.
- Let your arms extend straight down near your sides.
- Keeping your arms close to your body throughout the exercise, slowly lift the dumbbells upward as high as possible (approximately chest height) without letting your elbows leave your sides.
- Hold for a brief second flexing your biceps.
- Return to the starting position in a slow, controlled manner.
- Don't let your back arch or rise from the bench in an attempt to accomplish the exercise. Keep your back flat against the bench at all times.
- Don't just let the weights drop to the starting position. Resist the weight while slowly lowering it.
- Don't let your elbows move upwards, away from your side. Keep your elbows at a "fixed-point" on your sides.
Alternative exercises to incline bicep curls
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &