Barbell bent over row
COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
Upper Back and Lats. (Latisimus Dorsi)
Performing barbell bent over rows
- Place a barbell on the floor in front of you.
- Position your feet so that they are about hip-width apart.
- Bend over and grasp the bar with hands about 6-8 inches wider than shoulders, palms facing down.
- Stand bent over at the waist with back straight, legs bent.
- Keeping your back straight, pull the barbell in towards your body while squeezing shoulder blades together so the bar is touching your lower chest.
- Your elbows should be pointing up towards the ceiling.
- Return to the starting position in a slow, controlled manner.
- Don't move your back up or down in effort to lift the weight. Keep your back parallel to the floor and pull the weight up with your back by squeezing your shoulder blades together.
Alternative exercises to barbell bent over rows
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &