Cable cross overs
COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
- Pectorals - Inner and outer chest
Performing cable cross overs
- Grasp a handle of a high pulley in each hand. Step far enough away from the machine to raise the weight stacks.
- Your feet should be hip-width apart, your knees slightly bent and you should be leaning slightly forward.
- Your hands should be at shoulder level with your elbows bent at a 45 degree angle, with hands facing downward.
- Pull both handles downward in an arch while flexing (squeezing) your chest muscles until your hands meet at chest level. Hold for a brief second while flexing (squeezing) your chest.
- Slowly return to the starting position in a controlled manner.
- Don't jerk the weights downward and don't let the weights pull your arms upward to the starting position. Always use a slow, controlled movement avoiding momentum.
Alternative exercises to cable cross overs
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &