Cable front shoulder raises
COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
- Deltoids - Front shoulders
Performing cable front shoulder raises
- Attach a short, straight bar to a pulley machine from below.
- Stand facing away from the pulley machine and have legs a little wider than hip-width apart.
- Grab the bar reaching between your legs and hold it with palms facing down, about 6-8 inches apart and leaning on upper thighs.
- Your shoulders should be back, chest out and back straight with a slight forward lean.
- Raise the bar upwards until it is a little higher than shoulder level, keeping your palms facing down and your elbows slightly bent. Hold for a brief second while flexing your shoulder muscles.
- Return to the starting position in a slow, controlled manner.
- Don't swing your arms upward in attempt to gain momentum.
- Don't let your arms drop from the shoulder level position. Resist the weight and lower your arm slowly.
Alternative exercises to cable front shoulder raises
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &