Executive Fitness Careers Gym Instructor course
Gain a leading gym instructor qualification on the Executive Fitness Careers Gym Instructor module course. Qualifying as an gym instructor with Executive Fitness Careers means you'll be awarded a Central YMCA Qualification Level 2 Certification in Fitness Instructing and be on your way as a leading gym or fitness instructor.
Successful completion of the Gym Instructor Module will also provide course graduates with entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 2.
Gym Instructor course with Executive Fitness Careers
The Gym Instructor Module is a nationally recognised qualification awarded and accredited by Central YMCA Qualifications, and is your essential first step if you wish to gain employment in the fitness industry as a gym/fitness instructor.
Any Gym Intructor or Fitness Instructor course should provide core units comprising of both theoretical and practical health and fitness skills. The Gym Instructor course with Executive Fitness Careers in no different. This course units include:
- Anatomy and physiology
- The components and principles of fitness
- Warm up and cool down principles
- Cardiovascular exercise technique and training methods
- Fixed resistance technique and training methods
- Freeweight exercise technique and training methods
- Flexibility training methods
- Screening, risk factor identification and referral
- Exercise programme design
- Communication and teaching skills
- Health & Safety
- Customer care
Gym Instructor course entry
To gain entry onto the Gym Instructor module with Executive Fitness Careers you must:
- Be 18 years or above
- Be familiar with free weights, resistance machine and CV training
NOTE: Students are also required to hold a current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR).
The course can be studied as a blend of home study (12 weeks) and location-based practical training and assessment (spread over 6 days). The practical assessment will require students to bring a friend to act as a participant.
Gym Instructor course assessment
- Complete a 1 hour multiple choice theory paper
- Complete health & safety and customer care worksheets
- Plan, teach and evaluate a 60 minute gym training session
- Provide evidence of current CPR certification
Call us on 0151 236 3209
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &