Premier Training Gym Instructor course
Premier Training runs a number of leading fitness training courses, including the Certification in Gym Instructing and the Certification in Fitness Instructing. Both courses are aimed at individuals who want to work in the health and fitness industry as fitness instructors, also known as gym instructors.
Certification in Gym Instructing
The Gym Instructor course and the Fitness Instructor course aims to equip graduates with the skills required to plan, instruct and safely deliver exercise programmes to people looking to gain, increase or maintain their fitness with a health club and / or a gym seting.
The Gym Instructor course qualification can be obtained in one of three ways:
- Full time course
- Part time course
- DVD distance learning
The length of the Certification in Gym Instructing course run by Premier Training is 120 hours. This eqautes to 2 weeks and 2 days (including home study).
Gym Instructor course content
The content of the Gym Instructor course delivered by Premier Training aims to arm graduates with the required skills to plan and safely instruct individuals during a health club or gym sessions. Graduates of the Gym Instructor course will be able to:
- Demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of fitness and exercise
- Provide demonstrations on how to safely use CV and resistance machines as well as free weights.
- Demonstrate good customer car skills
- Progress onto further qualifications within the health and fitness industry
There are a number of key units delivered during the Premier Training Gym Instructor course, including:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Concepts of fitness
- Exercise programme design using free weights, resistance machines, lower back and abdominal stability and strength and warm up and cool down techniques
- Professionalism, ethics, health and safety and customer care
- Special populations - older people and pregnancy
Course entry requirements
To enrol onto the Premier Training Gym Instructor course there are no prior qualifications required, however a good level of fitness and some understanding and practical knowledge of fitness and exercise within a gym environment is desirable.
Call us on 08451 90 90 90
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &