Tricep rope pushdowns
COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
Performing rope pushdowns
- Attach a rope onto a pulley machine gripping the rope with both hands just above the knots.
- Your feet should be about hip-width apart, your back straight, and abdominals tight.
- Start with hands holding rope at chest height.
- Keep your elbows at your side and your upper arms perpendicular to the floor at all times.
- Slowly push the rope downward until your arms are fully extended. Hold for a brief second while flexing your triceps muscles.
- Your elbows should remain at your side and your wrists should be locked straight.
- Slowly allow the rope to raise to the starting position (about chest height).
- Don't let your elbows wander away form your body. Keep your elbows on a "fixed-axis" at your side.
- Don't jerk the rope down. If you have to rock your body or use momentum to complete the exercise the weight is too heavy.
- Don't let the weight just pull the rope up to the starting position. Control the weight and slowly let the rope rise up resisting the weight.
Alternative exercises to rope pushdowns
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &