Weighted back extensions
COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
Perform weighted back extensions
- Choose a light to medium weight.
- Hold the plate to your chest during the exercise.
- Position yourself in a back extension machine, ankles locked behind the pads, groin area and upper thighs resting on padded platform.
- The top of your hips should be over the edge of the platform, your back should be parallel to the floor.
- Fold your arms across your chest.
- Bend over at the waist, with your upper torso lowered to the point where it is just a few inches above being perpendicular to the floor.
- Raise up to the starting position and hold for a brief second.
- Lower yourself slowly and repeat.
- Don't just through the motions swinging up and down. Do this in a slow, controlled manner.
Alternative exercise to the weighted back extensions
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &