YMCAfit Personal Trainer
As a personal trainer you will enjoy a career that is both financially and emotionally rewarding, one that gives you the independence of being your own boss and the flexibility to build your career around your life.
Training as a Personal Trainer
We offer an intensive course for students who wish to 'fast-track' their personal training career. Alternatively, for students who may have other commitments, we offer a modular route which allows you to complete the component modules at a time to suit you. Both options will take into account your preferred learning style and you will be taught at a pace you find comfortable. Our Advanced Diploma in Personal Training will make you highly employable around the UK and internationally.
Career options once qualified
- Choose to work on the gym floor, in the park, or at a client's home
- Work full-time or part-time within a gym/health club or become self-employed, training a wide range of individual clients
- Decide to work with specific groups such as older adults, pregnant women or children (by taking CPD modules)
- Working with clients who are disabled or have mental health problems is also an option
YMCA Advanced Diploma in Personal Training
We offer an intensive personal training course for students who wish to fast-track to becoming a personal trainer. Alternatively, for students who may have other commitments, we offer a modular route whereby you complete the component modules at a suitable time. Both options will take into account your preferred learning style and you will be taught at a pace comfortable for you. Free with this course - a new interactive DVD which literally brings anatomy for exercise to life with amazing graphics and animated images.
- Gym Instructor - module 1
- Fitness Testing - module 2
- Advanced Training - module 3
- Exercise Nutrition - module 4
- Business Skills - module 5
- Outdoor Fitness - module 6
- Sports Conditioning - module 7
- Over age of 16
- Experience of using cardiovascular equipment; fixed and free weights within a gym environment
There are two format options available, intensive learning or part-time (modular route). Both options will take into account your preferred learning style and you will be taught at a pace you find comfortable.
- Intensive learning: you can complete all 7 modules together. It takes 40 days, spread over 15 weeks
- Modular route (part-time option): you can complete all 7 modules on a part-time basis at your own pace. The Gym Instructor course (module 1) must be completed first. The Fitness Testing (module 2) must be completed before the Advanced Training (module 3). The rest of the modules can be completed in any order
Each component is assessed separately (see individual modules for assessment details). Certification
- CYQ Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Personal Training
Free Open Evenings
Come along to one of our free open evenings, which run throughout the year. Tutors and members of the Course Sales Team will be available to discuss:
- The content of the YMCA Advanced Diploma in Personal Training
- Different training routes available to you
- The training and support you'll receive whilst studying
- Career paths once you're qualified
- Continuing professional development
You'll also get the opportunity to check out the course venue, course manuals and meet other potential students. It's free to book, so just call our Course Sales Advisors on 020 7343 1850 to reserve your place today.
Check our website for details
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &