COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscle used
Performing cable curls
- Attach a medium sized bar to a cable pulley machine down below.
- Stand about 6-8 inches from the pulley machine with back straight, knees unlocked, and feet hip-width apart.
- Hold the bar just outside of hips with palms up.
- Your arms should be extended straight down and the bar should be leaning on your upper thighs.
- Keeping your elbows close to your body, use your biceps to curl the bar up to your chest.
- Hold for a brief second flexing your biceps.
- Lower the bar to the starting position in a slow, controlled manner.
- Keep your wrists straight and elbows at your side throughout the curl.
- Don't sway your back or rock your body in an attempt to complete the lift.
- Don't let your elbows leave your sides.
- Don't just let the bar drop when lowering it. Let the bar down slowly resisting the weight of the bar.
Alternative exercises to cable curls
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &