COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
Performing hammer curls
- Stand or sit at the end of a bench with your feet slightly apart.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand, with your palms facing your body.
- Your shoulders should be back, your torso should be upright, and your back straight.
- Keeping your elbows at your sides, curl the dumbbells up to chest height.
- Hold for a brief second flexing your biceps.
- Your wrist should be locked and your palm should continue to face in toward your body as you lift.
- Lower the weight to the starting position in a slow, controlled manner.
- Don't rock or sway to build momentum.
- Don't let the weight just drop. Lower the weight slowly.
Hints and tips
Perform hammer curls with your back against a wall and your kness slightly bent. This will dramatically reduce any chance of swaying and / or cheating in this exercise.
Alternative exercises to hammer curls
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &