Decline bench press
COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
- Pectorals - Lower chest
- Deltoids - Front
Performing a decline bech press
- Lie on a decline bench press.
- With your back flat on the bench, grip the barbell with palms facing up, about 8-12 inches wider than shoulder-width.
- Lift the barbell off the rack to the starting position, which is straight above your face, arms extended fully.
- Slowly lower the barbell until it touches the middle of your chest.
- Your elbows should be pointed out while the rest of your body remains in position.
- Slowly raise (push) the barbell to the starting position while flexing (squeezing together) your chest.
- Don't arch your back or bounce the bar off your chest. Let the bar down slowly resisting the weight.
Alternative exercises to the decline bench press
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &