Dumbbell side bends
Causing lateral flexion of the spine, the dumbbell side bend provides resistance to cause stimulation for muscle growth and strength gains of the oblique muscles of the midsection.
This exercise will not aid fat loss of the hips and middle section. Fat loss is best achieved with the correct diet plan and cardiovascular training regime.
Performing dumbbell side bends
- Find dumbbell of a suitable weight for you to execute the exercise.
- Stand erect, with dumbbell grasped, arm extended by side.
- Bend torso towards the side of the body with the dumbbell.
- Bend torso to opposite side of the dumbbell.
- Return to starting position.
- Repeat for desired number of repetitions.
- Switch dumbbell over to other arm, and repeat for other side.
Dumbbell side bends courtesy of Fitness Uncovered - Bodybuilding & Fitness
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &