One legged extensions
COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
Performing leg extensions (one leg)
- Sit in a leg extension machine with your legs behind the roller pads and your hands grasping the machines handles or the sides of the bench.
- Your knees should be bent at a 90 degree angle and have the seat or bench against the back of your knees with your toes pointing in front of you.
- Slowly extend (lift) one leg at a time contracting your quadriceps until they are almost straight out in front of you, without locking your knees at full extension. Hold that position for a split second while flexing your quadriceps.
- Return to starting position slowly, in a controlled manner.
- Don't lock your knees at full extension.
- Don't jerk the weight up.
- Don't let the roller pad just drop down, be sure to let the weight down slowly.
Alternative exercises to leg extensions (one leg)
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &