Dumbbell upright rowing
COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
- Deltoids (Side and rear)
Performing dumbbell upright rowing
- Stand upright holding dumbbells in both hands next to each other, palms facing your body, leaning on your upper thighs.
- Your arms should be extended down in front of you with back straight and abdominals tight.
- Pull the dumbbells up slowly to your chin, keeping the dumbbells close to your body and with elbows high and pointed out.
- When the dumbbells nearly touch your chin, flex your shoulder muscles and pause for a brief second.
- Slowly return to the starting position keeping your back straight and your chest out.
- Don't jerk the dumbbells up or sway in an attempt to complete the lift.
- Don't let the dumbbells just drop. Be sure to resist the weight as you lower it slowly.
Alternative exercises to dumbbell upright rowing
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &