Cable bent over lateral raises
COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
- Deltoids - Side and rear shoulders
Performing bent over lateral raises (cable)
- Attach a single handle to a pulley machine from below.
- Get down on "all fours" and grip the handle with your left hand while being supported with your right hand and knees.
- Make sure your back is straight and parallel to the floor.
- Raise your left hand to slightly above shoulder height, with a slight bend in the elbows, palms facing the floor.
- Hold this position for a brief second while squeezing your shoulder muscles.
- Return to the starting position in a slow, controlled manner.
- Don't swing your hand up or jerk the weight in an attempt to lift the weight.
- Don't use too heavy of a weight that doesn't allow you to use proper form. The weight for this exercise should be light.
Alternative exercises to bent over lateral raises
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &