Cable lateral raises
COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
- Deltoids - Side shoulders
Performing cable lateral raises
- Attach a single handle to a pulley machine coming from below.
- Stand upright holding a handle from a low pulley machine in your left hand with your palm down facing the machine and your elbows slightly bent.
- Your right hand should be resting on your hip.
- Your feet should be about hip-width apart.
- Keep your shoulders back, chest out, and lower back straight with a slight forward lean.
- Raise your left hand outward away from your sides until your hand is slightly above shoulder level. Your left palm should be now facing the floor and your elbow still slightly bent.
- Hold this position for a brief second while flexing your shoulder.
- Slowly lower your hand to the starting position in a controlled manner.
- Once you have completed the set, switch hands and repeat.
- Don't use such heavy weights that you can't use good, proper form. The weight for this exercise should be light.
- Don't swing the weights up and then merely drop them down to the starting position.
Alternative exercises to cable lateral raises
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &