Dumbbell bent over lateral raises
COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
- Deltoids - Side and rear shoulders
Performing dumbbell bent over later raises
- Bend over at the waist with light dumbbells in each hand.
- Your palms should face in toward each other, and arms are before you, elbows slightly bent.
- Your feet should be hip-width apart with legs bent at knees. Your back should be straight and as close to parallel to the floor as possible.
- Raise the dumbbells in unison out toward your sides until they are parallel to the floor, keeping your back straight, head down, and elbows bent.
- Don't swing or jerk the weights up in an attempt to lift them.
- As you raise the weights don't raise or move your back, head, or legs.
- Don't use too heavy of a weight that doesn't allow you to maintain proper form. The weights should be light on this exercise.
Alternative exercises to dumbbell bent over lateral raises
Bent over lateral raises (Cable)
Upright rowing (Dumbbells)
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &