Close grip pull ups
COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
- Latisimus Dorsi - Upper lats
- Latisimus Dorsi - Middle back
Performing close grip pull ups
- Place a V-bar attachment on the pull-up bar and hold handles with both hands.
- Pull up trying to touch your chin to the bar while squeezing your shoulder blades back together and hold for a quick second, flexing your back muscles.
- Return to the starting position in an slow, controlled manner.
- Don't swing back and forth or try to create momentum by kicking legs.
- You may need a partner to help you prevent from swinging or using momentum.
- Don't sacrifice form by trying to complete more repetitions than you can do with proper form.
Alternative exercises to close grip pull ups
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &