Dumbbell preacher curls
COURTESY OF GLOBAL FITNESS
Major muscles used
Performing dumbbell preacher curls
- Hold a dumbbell in your right hand so that the edge of the bench is under your armpit and your arm is fully extended over the bench surface.
- Keep your left arm relaxed at your side or hold your left arm in place.
- Raise the weight upward towards your chin.
- Hold for a brief second flexing your biceps.
- Keep your wrist locked straight at all times.
- Lower the weight to the starting position in a slow, controlled manner.
- Switch arm positions and do a set for the left arm.
- Don't let the weight just drop to starting position, lower it slowly.
- Don't rest very long between alternating arms. One set constitutes separately working both arms. Quickly switch the dumbbell to the alternate arm and continue. There is no reason to rest too long between sets (when one set of right and left arm has been completed), because the alternate arm has had a natural rest
Alternative exercises to dumbbell preacher curls
Courtesy of Global-Fitness.com, your Online Personal Trainer
If you're having problems viewing these video demonstrations, you can download the latest version of QuickTime by clicking here, FREE of charge.
Latest health and fitness news
All news stories
Latest quizzes and tests
All quizzes &